Innse-Milano History



History

1931 The Innocenti general company for the mechanical and metallurgical industry was founded in Milan by Ferdinando Innocenti. The company began its activities in mechanical engineering with the patented “Innocenti pipe”, or the scaffolding pivots still commonly used today.

1948 Innocenti's success was largely due to the many years of production for the Lambretta, competitor to the Vespa motorcycle, and the Mini family of automobiles. Until the 1970’s, the company 's major activities remained divided among heavy machinery, with the building of pressing machines and production systems, and the manufacturing of motorcycles and automobiles, mainly under the licence of the British Motor Corporation.

1966 Ferdinando Innocenti dies and the company is taken over by his son Luigi.

1973 The three divisions are separated with the heavy machinery activities being taken over by Santeustacchio dell'Iri which subsequently establishes INNSE Innocenti Santeustacchio. In the mid 1980’s the company becomes part of in Italimpianti (IRI-Iritecna).

1990 Innse Innocenti Engineering is founded to supply Metallurgical plants and pressing machines.

1996 Innse is privatised and is managed by Mannesmann Demag AG becoming known as Demag Italimpianti.

1999 The SMS group purchases the company which is then renamed SMS Demag INNSE Spa

2000 SMS hands over  the company in Lambrate to the Manzoni Group Spa which is then taken over by Genta Spa in 2006.

2009 The Camozzi Group purchases the company and INNSE Milano Spa is founded. The company specializes in heavy machinery machining for third parties.